Wednesday 12 November 2008

Mittens update

I know, I know, I said I was giving the knitting a rest. And I have, sort of. I'm researching ideas for collage/paintings at the moment during the day and saving the knitting until the evenings so I can watch tv at the same time! Once I'd made up my mind to do this, I thought I'd better finish off those projects lying around and before you know it, the mittens are now mitts! They are still nice but I did like them as mittens better. But since I made the mistake of not reading how much yarn I needed, it's the best solution without scrapping the whole thing.

They are very thick and cosy but too big for my hands. Definitely a mans mitt pattern this one. But I did find another pattern for mittens that is perfect for those of you with smaller hands:) More on that when I take some photos.......

I've also been finishing off a few hats as well as starting on the fuzzy mittens and there is another crochet winter blanket project started too. It's modular hexagons so I can do the individual pieces and put it all together at the end. So far I've done 2. They are about 10cm wide though, not tootie ones and it took me a whole episode of Sharpe to crochet one and become familiar with the pattern.

Talking about programmes that become memories in your knitting - more mitts to go while watching the Borg tonight. 'We are Borg. You will be assimilated'. Methinks it's a bit too late for that. The knitting has taken over........

Ah, there goes Voyager and Captain Janeway getting some revenge on the borg cube. Comfort tv....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Do stay a while and visit. Please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and be inspired by all your blogs out there too:-) elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails