Wednesday 12 September 2007

Post and pressies!




Look what arrived in the post! Lovely bamboo crochet hooks from China - all ready to go! I have never used wooden crochet hooks before and have just stuck to my good 'ol metal ones. But I was looking for a craft pressie and came across these. They look nice, they look as if they would feel nice to work with too. So, I decided to get two packs instead of one - just to try them out - of course!

My first concern was that they were strong enough - I really don't want to snap these when I've just got them. But they feel quite resistant and after a few minutes you forget that was even a worry. Then you realise that there is no groove in your finger from the metal numbers on your 'ol metal ones - bonus! These ones have printed sizes - love the look of these!



Longer hours can now be spent on the ripple blanket - yey! (which has been sadly neglected of late - due to crocheted aprons and websites!)

So of course, I put these lovely new crochet hooks to the test - something quick to see the results. I also got to test my new double knit undyed lambswool to see how it works up.



Not convinced about the undyed lambswool but I like the picot edging on the bootie.

Also in the post came todays special pressie - my new camera! I had to reduce these pictures they were so good - but BIG! It's a Finepix s5700 and I love it. It is so easy to use and you can just start clicking away. it has 7.1 megapixels and 10x optical zoom and mega close up. You can use auto or work manually, but I must admit, I haven't read through the whole manual yet - too impatient to get going! If you are looking for a decent digital camera then do have a look at the specs - the cheapest deal I found was at morecomputers.com and super speedy delivery too.
Will have to take some pics of the new camera with the old!

Well, have to crochet a matching bootie now...... till next time.



1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I invite you to visit my music blog

    http://fj-mj.blogspot.com

    bye

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Do stay a while and visit. Please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and be inspired by all your blogs out there too:-) elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails