Monday 16 March 2009

Magic cast on

More yarn in the post! The Artesano and the Happy sock yarn has arrived! The Happy sock yarn by Wendy is mainly bamboo and it has a lovely smooth feel to it. It feels like it will knit up well, and makes me think of knitting with cotton. Well, I'll have to wait and see :-) The Artesano is sooo soft to the touch as you expect 100% Alpaca to be but it is nice to be reassured how soooft it is in real life! These will be scrummy soft socks indeed.

But as you can see from my picture, one of the two pairs of circulars got broken in the post - sigh. Bamboo needles are just so fragile. I'll need to find some way of keeping these safe. So although I have now mastered the theory of Judy' magic cast on using Cat bordhi's video on You Tube - you must watch this its such a fun way to learn - I haven't managed to start the socks using the magic loop. I did do a cobbled version with one dpn and one circular and it does work but not as smoothly as you know two circulars will. In fact it may well have converted me to circulars completely. Going back to all dpn's feels more fiddly that previously.

And one of the Capricorn happy's is going to be turned into these lovely stripey gloves. I know spring is on its way - it is! It must be! - and it's more time for knitting those spring cardi's in lighter weight cottons but the gloves will be such fun! The second ball may become a pair of socks or another pair of gloves if the first ones become a present. And the colours are just as bright as they promised - yay! Sometimes it's so difficult to tell from pictures online - Alison from P2tog's pics are very good, I must say.

BTW, she is replacing the broken circular for me with no hassle and apologised for the inconvenience and disappointment. It's now in the post and should arrive first thing tomorrow. Wow. What a lovely person. Don't you just love knitting people? So, tomorrow I can magic loop socks to my hearts content:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Do stay a while and visit. Please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and be inspired by all your blogs out there too:-) elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails